Thursday, October 16, 2014

Scarecrow stalkin'.

Just a spooky scarecrow skulking in the stalks.

I'm really excited about this piece because I drew it from my head, and that is something that I am usually terrible at. I can see great things in my head, but the transition to paper often leaves something askew. But I am super happy with the way this one turned out! Check out the progress shots below!



I used a dipping nib and ink for this piece. I really went for texture with this guy and I think the super fine tip of the nib helped me achieve this!


1 comment:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Yeah, dawg. The textures are on point and I just noticed how awesome that crow looks. You should try drawing more from your head. At first it will probably be frustrating, but the only way to get better is to keep doing it!

Good job!

:)