Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Is there Life on Mars?

Elsa Mars, played by Jessica Lange, singing Life on Mars? from the premiere of American Horror Story: Freakshow.

Chelsea Kirchoff and I both made an Elsa Mars piece using the same reference photo and same technique (digital cutout), but it is amazing how different our final pieces are.

See the progress shots from my piece below and check out Chelsea's version on her blog!

I made this piece in photoshop using about one gazillion layers of different textures with differing colors and opacities.

Her performance of Life on Mars? was probably the most exciting part of the episode. The whole number was a spectacle and showcased what I was so excited about seeing from this season.


1 comment:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Kind of amazing how different our work is, but I still think this is great. Also, kind of hate you.