Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Accent Challenge


video

Inspired by Chelsea Kirchoff's post.

- Your name and username & where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, & Envelope.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.

2 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I am RAGING. I typed the world's longest comment and I guess it didn't work so that's awesome. You say coupon weird and gif. Also, rolling? That's weird. I had to make my video like 3 times because not only did I do the same thing you did with gym shoes, I also had a hard time coming up with words on the spot. OH, but I did like how we both pointed to the questions below. That was cool. NICE BUFFY BOOK CONVENIENTLY NEXT TO YOU and when you made that vampire joke about them sucking, I started laughing and then you did lololol.

Nice accent.
Glad you did it!

Laurie said...

Ok. SO I know you made this video awhile ago, but I stumbled across it when googling for the accent challenge and I decided to watch yours. I started watching it and you said you were from Westland Mi, and I actually got really excited cause I am from West Bloomfield Mi and thought it would be fun to compare my vid with yours.

Everything was going well until you got to the carbonated drink...SODA!? What kind of Michigander are you? Not sure if you are aware of this, but in Michigan, it's called "Pop" Its just blasphemy. Thats all I'm sayin ;)

Anyways, I have a blog too http://luxpermanet.blogspot.com/ im really bad at keeping up with it, and in fact I don't think that I have written since august, but I'm gonna try to write again soon.

Adios!