Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Picture of Dorian Gray

I recently just finished reading Oscar Wilde's classic novel The Picture of Dorian Gray.  

I really enjoyed the book. It is a thinker. 

Would you want to remain youthful for your entire life, or grow old with friends and loved ones?

My only criticism of the book is the extra chapters added from the book's first publishing to the second. It went from 13 chapters to 20 and while reading it, I could tell (what I think) was added because these chapters were very wordy and didn't advance the story. It did give some of the characters a decent background, and introduced quite a few minor characters, but I feel the story could accomplish the same without it.

The book has given me a great idea for a little project that I want to do in the time coming.  More info on that to come!

2 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I liked the book and I like this scratchboard piece of art you found to accompany it. How neat.

FOREVER YOUNG I SAY.
Though, that would be sad to watch everyone age around you and you stay the same.

I am looking forward to your little project.

Anonymous said...

Hello, we have written a song about Oscar Wilde called For Your Art. Where did you get this amazing picture?
Facebook.com/otiks