Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

2010 was been great. Fantastic. I would have never thought that I would do many of these things in my life, let alone in ONE YEAR.  I'll try to do this in chronological order...

I saw Lady Gaga twice in two days. Went to Frankenmuth over Spring Break with Nathan, Betsy, and Amy, which is where I got my Guess leather jacket that I am in love with. We also went to Tony's and ordered the 1 pound BLT sandwich. I saw the Black Eyed Peas -- and didn't have to pay for the concert!  Went to Tiger's opening day celebration at Cheli's Chili with Sheri, Kevin, and friends.  I went to Kensington beach the first warm day of the year. I babysat Jemma/Demi the goat for a weekend.  Bleached my hair! Went to Chicago with Nate on the Megabus (and it only cost $3ish!).  Visited with my Polish friend Maggie Polka. Went on the Sky Deck at the Willis (Sears) Tower. Rollerbladed along the beach. Nate and I found the Blizzardmobile in Chicago and got free blizzards! I met Katharine McPhee (who told me the name of her baby in The House Bunny and told me that I have gorgeous eyes.)  Meet Nathan's cousin Jason and his fiancé Milana (who is such a great and inspirational person) from Hong Kong.  Explored Downtown Royal Oak with BB and Danny. Got a job at Cranbrook Summer Art Studio, where I met my new bff Chelsea Kirchoff! Went up north to Betsy's cabin, where I got so tan I was basically black. Became buddies with Hugh Jackman's son Oscar at Cranbrook. Went to Florida with my family and Nate and, again, became black. Was an extra in Hugh Jackman's movie Real Steel. Found out that I was pretty enough to sit with the "pretty girls" and "upscale" people during Real Steel.  Saw Lady Gaga for a THIRD time this year. Ran into Taris Tyler (HJ's stand-in) at the Gaga concert, which made my and Chelsea's night. Went to NEW YORK CITY for the FIRST time and had the time of my life. Went to the Jackman's house for lunch, and then to a park to play soccer with Hugh and Oscar. Got my picture taken by the paparazzi and found it online!  Found Swatch (from Project Runway) at Mood Fabrics. Went to Sleep Hallow and ran through the infamous cemetery (away from the Headless Horseman of course...)Was a pirate AGAIN (for 3 years in a row) for Halloween.  Made a mashup of Pink and Adam Lambert's Whataya Want From Me, which ended up burning up the internet and was even featured on Perez Hilton's website! Went to Necto for Betsy's birthday and had a blast. Went to an advance screening of Psych. Finally met and hung out with Chandler Kirchoff (Chelsea's fun brother).  Found out my mashup of Whataya Want From Me was the "year's best mashup" beating even Glee!  Saw excellent movies, such as Black Swan, Salt, Toy Story 3, Inception. Listened to great music, such as Cheryl Cole, Pink, Gaga, new Christina Aguilera, new Rihanna, new Katy Perry.  Got a job at Abercrombie and Fitch.  2010 was a great year, and it's going to be hard to top. Bring it 2011.

4 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I'm so glad we met, Matt Benyo. You're an amazing person and friend. 2010 was UNBELIEVABLE and I cannot believe all that we've done. From surviving the insanity that was Cranbrook to Real Steel (both the night shoot and the hippo deal) to Gaga to Taris to NYC and EVERYTHING in between; I am so glad you're my bff. Seeing Swatch was incredible. Going to the Jackman's has left me speechless. I can't believe we ran through the cemetery, but I'm glad that we've both helped each other do things we wouldn't normally do. For instance, you got me to try new things (like pumpkin seeds) and you got me to like things that I wouldn't have really given a chance before (necto, x factor, nicki minaj, etc). I almost convinced you not to be a pirate, served as a negative influence on numerous occasions (free pizza), and convinced you to make an illegal u-turn in NYC. I'm also glad you're friends with Brother Chan now and that we've both stayed the night at each other's houses AND that I've made you grilled cheeses. 2010 was the best. 2011 WILL top it. We are FOR SURE going back to NYC and I can't wait. I can't wait to hang out more, laugh at the stupidest things, and beat you at all future games. <3

Although you know this, I am also in love with your Guess leather jacket. By far the best purchase of 2010.

I like how that paparazzi picture is the biggest one. YOU WOULD. Also, I'm ruhl sad I forgot about that Shawn Levy one.

Tess.

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Oh yeah and I'm super proud of you for that mashup. YOURE ALMOST AT 100,000.

Affan Azami said...

thats what i called a year-end summary. congrats matt for ur achievements.

Matt Benyo said...

Thanksss!!