Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Over the Moon.


I saw yesterday that Rent is making it's Broadway revival, which reminded me that I've never seen the movie or the show.  I had the intention on watching the movie back in 2005 when it was released on DVD, but after I got home from Blockbuster with it and started watching it I got... bored(?) with it, so turned it off.

5 years later, I decided to give it another go.  I downloaded the movie, and starting watching it in between classes.  I was feeling it this time.  I really liked seeing Idina Menzel in that movie! She was great. The character of Mimi however, I was not feeling.  Nor did I like Roger. I liked the story, but felt the movie was underwhelming.

With that in mind, I downloaded Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway which was it's last show on Broadway 2008.  It was so much better than the movie! It moved at a faster pace, Mimi's voice didn't make me cringe, I loved the characters so much better. It was just so much better overall. I totes recommend it!


On a more sombre note... Aiden was voted off X Factor. Its devastating, especially for Matt Cardle, since the two were BFFs. I'm going to miss Aiden. He was one of my favorites. :(


2 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I think Matt BENYO is also devastated; not just Cardle. I hope Matt Cardle wins and takes Aiden on tour with him or something. Do they tour if they win on X Factor? They probably should. Maybe Cheryl Cole can fart some more.

OUT TONIGHT = MIMI'S BEST SONG. I just don't really like Rosario Dawson; that's the problem. Her and Roger can both suck it, Frankly. Actually, everyone can. RENT's cool and all, but I hated just about every one of the actors. Wah, wah, wah.

Aiden.
:(
Still pretty!

Anonymous said...

I WENT TO RENT RENT, BUT IT HAD BEEN RENTED. SO I WILL JUST GET UP EARLY (HAVE TO PAY MY RENT) AND GO TRY TO RENT RENT AGAIN. I HOPE ITS NOT RENTED OUT AGAIN. I WILL BE HELL BENT IF I CANT RENT RENT TOMORROW. PRETTY