Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday

This year, Thanksgiving day I wasn't so sure if there would be a need for early morning shopping -- until I was looking through the circulars are saw an add for a 42 inch TV at Walmart.  The sale started at 5 AM and the circular said that there would be a minimum of 5 per store. 5?! I needed to get there early if I wanted to get one!  Chelsea and I decided to go to Walmart at midnight, and just wait in the line for the TV until 5.  Sounds horrible, but it really wasn't.

We arrived at Walmart a little after midnight and there was NO parking.  I had to park on the grass at the very back corner of the parking lot.  When we walked in, we were in awe. Every single aisle was filled to capacity.  You had to squeeze in between people and duck and dodge to get around.  It took a while to find the line, due to uninformed (assumed temp) employees.  When we finally found the line, we found a Ripley's Believe It Or Not! book and popped a squat to read it.  The best part was that we only spoke in a british accent the whole night.  We sat in line until about 3, when my dad came to stand in line for us so we could go to Target.

Target opened at 4, and we got in line around 330.  Chelsea and I found Nate and Betsy in line, so we stood with them. Those 30 minutes standing outside in the FREEZING weather felt at least ten times longer than those 3 hours inside at Walmart.  Target is notorious for having the WORST lines on Black Friday.  Luckily for us, we had a game plan.  I would run to the furniture area for a computer chair, and Chelsea would run to the kitchen area for a nice set of pots and pans.  The doors opened and we bolted.  We found our objects and made our way towards the checkout.  We were one of the first people there, so there was no line at all. We were in and out of Target in 15 minutes, top.  BOSS.

After Target, we went back to Walmart to swap with my dad again.  We got the TV, pulled around to the back of Walmart to have them load it in my van and enjoy the rest of our shopping day.

Kohls was next to buy clothes to my family. We got everything we needed, so decided to wander around the mall for a while, waiting for my dad to finish his hockey game.  We got a Red Bull from Charlotte's Russe, which was just what I needed to not zombify on the way home.

Next stop was Briarwood mall.  We picked up my cousins to come with us, and made our way around the mall.  First stop was Abercrombie, only so Chelsea and I could get a nice whiff of Fierce.  While making our way around the store, one of the employees approached me asking if I wanted a job. Cha-CHING! Perfect timing, my bank account is starting to whither up. I've got an interview with them tomorrow. Wish me luck!

My one goal was to find an sweatshirt, but a very specific plain "boring" comfy sweater. Problem is... NO ONE HAD THEM. I find one and only one at Sears. I fell in love with it, but was so sad that was the only one I could find.  I walked through so many stores... Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Pac Sun, Gap, Banana Republic, Express.... NADA. I didn't see anything I liked. The only thing I semi-liked was these cardigans from AE. Not much caught my eye this year.

I was virtually sleepless this past weekend.  Last Wednesday I woke up at 9 for my class at 10.  I didn't go to bed until 7 am Thursday (I will talk about that adventure later...), planning on sleeping until the late afternoon to stay up real late for shopping.  Problem was... my dad woke me up at 11, so that plan went out the window.  The only sleep I got later was a 15 minute nap before going to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving Dinner.  Then I didn't sleep at all Thursday night, then went on a shopping extravaganza.  I took a 2 hour nap after finishing shopping before going to my friends house for Thanksgiving Dinner pt. 2. Then went to Betsy's house for some games.  I finally got to bed around 1 am.  Let me do the math for you...  In 63 hours, I only slept for 6.15 hours. DEAD TIRED = ZOMBIE in the mall.

In X Factor news...

This week 2 contestants were sent home. Katie and Wagner!
FINALLY WAGNER IS GONE!
Next week is the semi finals and the following week is the finale! This season RUSHED by.
All the judges, except for Cheryl, only have one contestant left... this is getting tense.

2 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I had so much fun shopping with you! Speaking in British accents was, and still is, hilarious. We know how to party. Remember when that guy in front of us kept stealing phones? WHAT A DAREDEVIL!

It was so cold outside at Target, but the game plan was highly effective. Duck and dodging people; Supermarket Sweep style! Boss. Boss nasty.

WANDERING AROUND THE MALL WAS FUN.

So was Briarwood and I loved your cousins btw!

Good Luck on your interview, brat.

Also, I'm happy you found your grandpa sweater and those cardigans look ruhl good on you so it'll be nice seeing you wear those around. That's the thing I love best about winter time; your outifts. You wear the hat, your leather jacket, cardigans, etc. SUMMER OFFERS NONE OF THAT!

Quit complaining about your lack of sleep. You might not have gotten much, but at least you had a good time doing lots of fun things with fun people. You didn't mention you saw Harry Potter either!

I can't believe Wagner is gone AND Katie!
I feel like Cher is gonna win this thing.
Why is this so long? I'm going to bed.

Anonymous said...

ANFS-8BNQ26