Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's Worse Than Failing?

I think I've hit rock bottom when it comes to school.

Not because I'm failing any of my classes... to be honest, I'm doing pretty well in my classes, as far as I know.

The only thing worse than failing classes, is not caring at all.  That is how I am feeling right now about school. I don't care if I ace every test nor do I care if I fail every test.  I do all my assignments completely, but half-heartedly. Yesterday I was actually really proactive and did a lot of work for each of my classes, but when it comes down to it, I just don't care.  I don't know what to do to change this though. I think I don't care because I hate all of my classes this semester.

The only class I actually enjoy is IGR/Dialogue and that is because I enjoy most everyone in that class; we mesh really well.

Next week is basically hell week.  Actually, it starts this Friday with an exam in my Bio Lab, then continues Monday with another exam for my other Bio class.  I have a media analysis paper due on Wednesday (which I am practically done with) and a killer essay about I don't even know what, due on next Friday.  Sprinkle in some group project work, and you've officially made me dread next week with my entire being.

Here is what I did last week in Bio lab.  I didn't do this in lieu of paying attention, mind you, I did this while sitting in class for an hour and forty-five minutes waiting for absolutely nothing.  Our results of part of the lab were supposed to be being calculated, but since our GSI effed that up, it was officially a waste of time.



The only thing that is looking nice about next week is that it is November, which means it is officially time for Christmas spirit. :)

3 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I feel like apathy and school go hand in hand, but unfortunately it's not something I know how to shake. I had the same problem and looking back I wish I hadn't. I'm sorry you're dreading the upcoming week and all, but I can't wait to hang out! Get through next week and get ready because this semester is almost over, MB. Also, maybe your head is somewhere else.

It's hard to get your head in the game.

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

P.S. Nice shapes.

Mom said...

okay, you guys had better snap out of it! Was it that little trip to NYC? My recommendation is that neither of you take any more trips until you get out of this slump.

Love you, MOM