Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Graveyard Hunting and the Incredible Machine

On Friday night, Chelsea and Betsy came over to my house to hang out. I was actually scheming all day to make the two of them finally meet.  I invited them both over to my house without telling the other one that I invited the other. That sounds really confusing, but I don't know of any other way to word it. You always see this in movies, when one person tries to mend a fight, but that wasn't the case at all.  They had never met yet, and it was about time two very important females in my life met each other.

So we are all sitting at my house watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Nathan was sleeping on the couch. It was then that 1) We were so bored we decided to be reckless, or 2) Judy (a witch I once met) got into our minds and made us be reckless.  I'm going to go with the second option. I'll explain my choice as we go on.  We woke Nate up and told him to get into Betsy's car; we were going for a fun ride... to a (little did he know) GRAVEYARD.

Betsy drove to this really spooky small graveyard.  As we were pulling up to it, A BLACK CAT crosses the street right in front of the car, but that didn't stop us!  This is why I'm thinking Judy was in our heads. It was her black cat that she unleashed to give us a warning of what was to come, but we couldn't turn back. We were semi-possessed. Betsy parked the car and turned of the lights.  We are all pretty scared, but Nate was hiding under a hoodie on the floor in the backseat. You can read here for his recount of what happened.  Judy must have twitched her nose, because then Chelsea, Betsy and I got out of her car to walk around! In a CEMETERY! We walked around the path for cars for a bit before we decided to speed it up a bit and walk quickly back to the car.  There was a hill at the cemetery, and we don't know if it were our eyes playing tricks on us, or if there was a tall lurking figure at the top of the hill.  For a millisecond, I was about to check it out, but Chelsea snapped me out of it.  It was probably Judy trancing me, trying to make me walk to the top of the hill where Zombie Bob Barker would eat my brains.

Fortunately, we made it back to Betsy's car safe and we started to drive the heck out of there.  As we were crossing railroad tracks, we noticed a black girl walking wearing a hoodie, with the hood on.  It was really dark out, but from the light of her cell phone which was illuminating her face (or lack-there-of) we saw it was a DEMON! We screamed and she looked at us with her hollow eye sockets. Lucky for us, we were in a car and could drive off to safety.

Driving home, we thought it would be a good idea to go to Eloise. I have no idea why, we must have not shaken completely loose of Judy's clutch yet.  For those of you who don't know, Eloise is an ex-insane asylum.  The front building is still open as a city building, but the back building is abandoned and looks real spooky, with broken windows and crazy people's ghost staring out into the night. For more information about the haunted-ness of Eloise, click here.  We must have finally got our senses back, because we did not get out of the car while we were there.

After all of our haunted galavanting, we were drained of both energy and liquids, so we wanted to stop at a Dunkin' Donuts to replenish both.  Chelsea and I were both dying of laughter at DD, because the one man working there was totally judging a girl who was ordering.  He was staring down at her obviously pregnant belly with judgements beaming out of his eyes. We were hysterical.



Sugarland's yet-to-be-released album The Incredible Machine leaked, so I am listening to that as I type this post.  It is very different from their last album.  Bigger industrial beats, and it seems that they've deviated from the more country sounds to a pop/rock/country genre.  It's unlike anything I've heard before, but that's a good thing.  It's not as fun as their last album, but I'm sure it will grow on me more and will become a favorite.

PS. Thanks for reading this über long post, you sexy literate, you!

4 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

When I said your weekend post was your best one, I lied. This one takes the cake, but it's probably because it's full of inside jokes that I understand.

I can't believe you schemed all day to make that little rendezvous happen. I've always wanted to meet Betsy! You could've just set it up like a normal human being! It worked out though. I'm glad we're all spontaneous enough that we would decide to go to a cemetery during the witching hour.

Judy clearly had this entire night in mind and hexed us into doing it. NO BIG DEAL THOUGH. I can't buh-lieve we got out at that cemetery. I think I blacked out. I'm ruhl glad you didn't go up on that hill. If you had died, we would've had a big mess on our hands.

That black girl was probz terrified when she heard us scream LOLOLOL SHE WAS A DEMON THOUGH.

Also, I don't think I've laughed as hard I did at DD's until now, when I reread this. Between the gimme pizza song and Sam judging that girl with his eyes and also spiking my strawberry beverage with TEA, I can't believe we didn't get kicked out for being animals. Suck it, Sam. I wish he would've tried to kick us out. I would've ripped his mustache off.

I'm judging you.
I'm judging you.

Thanks for acknowledging me as "a very important female in your life". I feel like Rosa Parks.

I love this drawing too; NAILED IT!

Matt Benyo said...

Thanks for the novel-length comment Chelsea! :)

I forgot he spiked your strawberry drink!! haha

Nate Bou said...

Ok I love this post. I was definitely laughing to myself, but if i wasn't in the library I would have LOL'd. That drawing is ver nice, I have to say though I don;t remember him judging, but I also don't remember a lot of things.

Betsy said...

Yeah I don't remember that guy judging that girl at all! Plus, I agree with Chelsea, you could of just schedule the meeting as a normal human being! lol. But whatever we met so its all good!
P.S. You are one of the most important males in my life:)