Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Land Down Under

That, my friends, is my first image made in Adobe Illustrator.  Well, the kangaroo was made in Illustrator. Then I added the flag in the background just to jazz it up a bit.  As you might have guessed, today's post will be explaining my love for Australia.

It all started back when I was in the 8th grade.  I was at a birthday party when some of the older folks were talking about the election coming up.  George Bush was up against John Kerry and all of the parents were talking about how eff'd up they both were, how bad of a shape our country is in, how politics and the economy are so messed up in this country BLAH BLAH BLAH. So I was thinking, how about I move away from all this craziness and go somewhere nice -- like Australia.

I mean, when do you ever hear anything terrible about Australia.  It's just a beautiful land of bouncing kangaroos, people with enchanting accents, the beautiful beaches, and the coral freaking reef. I've never been to Australia, but I just have this image of such a breezy relaxed atmosphere, where everything is just laid back and cool.  Not to mention the people! This past summer, I was fortunate to meet Hugh Jackman and his family; I've never met nicer people. Hugh's stand-in for filming, Taris Tyler, is a whole other story (which will come in a future post).  They were all so freaking cool! Gotta love them Aussies.

I recently have been looking into study-abroad programs based in Australia, and I am seriously contemplating moving there once I am finished with school.  Maybe only for a couple years, maybe for life? I can't say until I'm there.

As my favorite funny lady Lucille Ball once said, "I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven't."

3 comments:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Sometimes our ideas about things mean more than the actual things. Kind of like the anticipation leading up to Christmas; it's not like Christmas day is ever as good as the days that lead up to it. I wonder if your idea of Australia would live up to the real thing. The only way to find out, is to go.

Taris > Hugh.

Tara said...

HAHAHAHA - Matt I enjoyed reading this but I have to say Chelsea's Taris>Hugh addendum made me laugh out loud.

Lorrie said...

hey glad to see you are trying blogging, i enjoyed reading your post and hope to read more