Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Post is the Deepest

This is my first post! Yippe! The title of this post is a play off of the Sheryl Crow song "First Cut is the Deepest."  Maybe I will try to incorporate song titles to the titles of all my posts? We'll see...  While writing my "about me," I thought of a good idea for a first post. A certain number of random facts, that you might enjoy to know and that I'd struggle to come up with.  Sorry that I will be including some of the same things from my "about me," but who knows how often that could change.  My first post will remain the same!  So how many facts should I give?  How about 19? Sounds good, let the fun begin.

1. I am 19 years old.
2. I used to be good at spelling, until I started taking French in high school. Now I constantly am writing in "Franglish."
3. I love listening to music. All sorts of music. Right now my ears are running a Britney Spears marathon, thanks to the Britney Spears Glee episode that was on tonight. Other favorites are Pink and Lady Gaga.
4. I procrastinate quite often. I am actually writing (and creating) this blog instead of doing homework.
5. When I text message people, I almost always spell out everything and type with proper grammar.
6. Chelsea Kirchoff is my inspiration for creating this blog. She was my amazing co-worker at Cranbrook and a real fun person during the shooting of Real Steel.
7. I was an extra for the movie Real Steel.  It is about robot boxing and is about to be real good. Look out for it in November 2011.  I met a lot of awe-inspiring people on the shoot (Taris Tyler, look him up!).
8. I like drawing and according to Chelsea (see post 6) I'm not as bad as I think I am. Maybe I'll take a page out of her book and upload some art?
9. I LOVE Christmas music. And everything Christmas in general. Including, driving around looking at decorated houses, watching classic movies, caroling, making Christmas cookies and hot cocoa. It is without doubt my favorite holiday.  Halloween is a close second, mostly because I love horror movies and haunted houses.
10.  I'm going to try to update this blog as frequently as possible, but I'm already doubting that there will be a new post everyday.
11. I am a cancer, and am seriously considering a cancer symbol as my first tattoo.  It's between that or a cross.  Hopefully within the next few weeks we will see this tattoo materialize.
12. I'm a student at University of Michigan.  I am planning on majoring in pharmaceuticals for the money.
13. 13 is my favorite number. Blue is my favorite color. Summer is my favorite season. Going to the beach is my favorite activity.  Listening to music is my favorite pastime. Sandra Bullock is my favorite actress. Kangaroos are my favorite animal. Diet Pepsi is my favorite soda (I'm obsessed).
14. I really see myself living in Australia when I'm older.  Something about that place just makes me want to up and move there.
15. I graduated valedictorian from my high school. I was also in the school musical as Troy when we did High School Musical 2. I was the class Vice President and the secretary of Student Council. I also took part in Quiz Bowl for the extra credit towards my AP Chemistry class. I was also an active member of D.A.R.E. Don't do drugs kiddos.
16. I become easily obsessed with TV shows.  Most recently I downloaded and watched all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer over the summer. Another show that I've been watching is Dirt with Courtney Cox. It was an amazing show and ended before it's time.
17. I've only ever been to Canada and Mexico, but no other countries, which makes me sad because I want to go everywhere!  France, Italy, Russia, Australia, Malta, England, Spain, only to name a few.
18. My pet peeves include: people putting themselves down in order to get attention from others, people texting or doing anything with any electronics that light up in movie theaters, and people lying (but it's a sad fact that EVERYONE IN THE WORLD LIES ALL THE TIME. Learned that from Real Steel.)
19. I could not live without interacting with other people. If it is just talking to them about my day or talking about how stressed I am or listening to their problems, or introducing them to new music, telling them random pop culture facts, my day would not be complete without others.

PS. I'm pleasantly surprised with how many decent facts I came up with.

1 comment:

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Matt Benyo:
You have a lot of potential in your writing/blog abilities. You could be America's Next Top Blogger. I think you should update with your art from time to time because I wasn't just being nice when I said you did a great job. I have tried TWICE to draw that Lady Gaga you drew, and mine doesn't even come close to touching yours. I feel like if you keep updating and talking about things like this, people will be able to relate to you. I like that I've read quite a few of these facts and I've said, "OH MY GOD! ME TOO!" You're great. I'm glad I inspired you to make a blog and I honestly can't wait to see what you do with it. You're a really great person, you're creative, you're super nice, and I'm glad I know you. P.S. I'm glad I was just your co-worker and your RS buddy and not actually a friend in real life. You're a BRAT.
Your sometimes twin,
Chelsea